Inspiring Induction Practices
Creating a blueprint for outstanding induction practice
Available in-person or online. Next open, online session:
- Location Zoom
- Date tbc (please contact for bespoke options)
- Time 13:00 to 16:30
- Cost £39
To book onto this session, please click the Request Invoice (if you are an organisation) or PayPal (if you are an individual). To request an invoice for larger bookings, please drop me a line.
Please remember to add the name, organisation and email address of the delegates so that the joining instructions can be forwarded. Please also add any discount codes you wish to apply to this booking.
[Please note that you can pay by credit card via the PayPal button. Simply choose the PayPal option, then select the grey ‘Check Out’ option in the shopping cart.]
Typical inspection issues
Did you know that due to the absence of Induction from the CIF, this essential step of the learner’s journey is rarely evaluated through either inspection or self assessment..
3 hour interactive online training session.
Information for event organisers
Are your tutors clear what an outstanding induction programme looks like? The journey towards it begins by firmly establishing how you would like your learners to be different by the end of the induction experience. What are the skills they need right at the start of the course to enable them to achieve well on their first assignments? What culture do you need to establish at the start of a programme such that all learners moderate their behaviour so that it’s in line with expectations?
When the learner induction programme works well, staff reap the benefits all year. When it does not, staff may have lost their chance to create the perfect conditions for success.
Is your induction programme focused on motivating learners, creating aspiration and curiosity? Or is it governed by the necessities of timetabling and access to testing?
This 3 hour online workshop develops delegates’ mindset and skillset to help them create a transformational induction experience. Using wiki functionality, delegates will actively contribute to the development of an Induction Quality Standard (the Intent) as well as generating new approaches to crafting an immersive induction experience (the Implementation). Both wikis will collate all delegates’ ideas and be available for download after the event.
And as we’re currently uncertain about the scale of personal interaction that may be possible in September 2020, this session will be focused on the creation of an immersive and collaborative, yet online, induction experience.
This session will enable staff to:
- produce an aspirational quality standard for Induction
- explore the Formula for Optima Flow and consider its impact on the production of schemes of work and lesson plans
- prepare for inspection by considering the implications of the new Ofsted 2019 Education Inspection Framework.
What the delegates say
For an overview of feedback on this session, please click here.
These comments can be invaluable when generating curiosity about forthcoming training.
- Waking up from a deep sleep. I feel inspired.
- ‘From prison to freedom.’
- [I need to] Completely rethink induction – big inter-department project between construction and engineering??
- One of the first training courses that kept my interest throughout!
- A twisting, green-slimy feeling of guilt and abject excitement.
- [We need to] Make the boring stuff unforgettable.
- I feel empowered to take control of induction.
To discuss your requirements in detail, please phone or drop us a line.