Perfecting Development-Plan Writing
Development Planning may never be the same again
Available in-person or online. Next open, online session:
- Location Zoom
- Date tbc (please contact for bespoke options)
- Time 13:00 – 16:30
- Cost £39
To book onto this session, please click the Request Invoice (if you are an organisation) or PayPal (if you are an individual). To request an invoice for larger bookings, please drop me a line.
Please remember to add the name, organisation and email address of the delegates so that the joining instructions can be forwarded. Please also add any discount codes you wish to apply to this booking.
[Please note that you can pay by credit card via the PayPal button. Simply choose the PayPal option, then select the grey ‘Check Out’ option in the shopping cart.]
Typical inspection issues
- Managers and teachers need to monitor students’ progress closely and intervene quickly when students are at risk of not completing.
- Leaders and managers do not check rigorously the progress that apprentices make. Consequently, interventions for apprentices who are underperforming are not always made as quickly as for 16 to 19 study programme or adult learners.
3.5 hour interactive online training session.
Publicity information for event organisers
Perfecting development plan writing looks at the four key issues that typically undermine development plans. In this session, delegates will be given a new lens with which to look at their own plans. They will be able to make a judgement within minutes about whether their plan is fit for purpose, or whether the plan’s format and content will severely undermine their ability to resolve their issues and become outstanding. As with the Perfecting Self-Assessment Writing session, this is a practical online or in-person workshop guaranteed to improve delegate’s understanding and writing skills. It may well also fundamentally challenge their approach to development planning.
The Data Springboard is designed to challenge the perceived data hierarchy in education and training. Retention and achievement rates simply tell the story of learners who have left. Any quality improvement information derived from this analysis cannot benefit the learners on whom the data was collected. Using the Data Springboard, staff will drill down through progressively more reactive layers of data to find their most suitable hair-trigger indicators of underperformance – the very first signs that a learner is becoming at risk of underachieving or quitting. The session will help staff to articulate the difference between indicators and causes. This information will enable them to precisely identify the weakest aspects of their provision and develop the actions needed to make a difference to learners who are on programme now.
Perfecting Development-Plan Writing is a stand-alone session, though it is the second in a series of three sessions looking at improving the whole self-assessment process.
This session will enable delegates to:
- identify the four most common issues with development plans
- use their understanding of symptoms and issues to write the text needed for the beginning of a development-plan row
- use their understanding of the volatile (reactive) data associated with root-cause issues to write effective monitoring strategies in their development plan
- clearly articulate the issues associated with jumping to writing ‘actions’ too early in the development-planning process
This session will also introduce you to a completely different approach to self assessment; the subject of the final two sessions in this series.
This session is the first of a series of four online workshops to help you perfect your self-assessment work:
- Perfecting self-assessment writing
- Perfecting development plan writing & The Data Springboard
- Introduction to the CCQI Self-Assessment Strategy
- Follow-on training on using the CCQI Self-Assessment Strategy
What the delegates say
For an overview of feedback on this session, please click here.
This session is the first of a series of three online workshops to help delegates perfect their self-assessment work:
- It has made us all think about the experience we give to our students and how we can make it better. Inspiring!!! Ashton-under-Lyne Sixth Form College
- Football analogy was great. Bexley College
- Actually useful and practical. Canterbury College
- This is embarrassingly simple and understandable. Totton College
- This was brilliant, if we don’t have any other training this year I’d be happy to wait until Tony can return. Gloucestershire College
- Valuable insight from a very experienced inspector and teacher. NESCOT
- So much will now change. People 1st (Northern Ireland)
- Someone asked, on my return, whether the training session was good and I replied “Brilliant!” – then they asked what it was about and I was as surprised as they were when I replied “Data and SAR!” South Downs College
To book onto this session, please use the PayPal button above, or use this contact link to request an invoice, remembering to add your name, organisation and address. Please also use the contact link to ask about bespoke sessions for your own team.